- 1 Cup of Milk
- ½ Cup of Sugar
- ¼ Cup of All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/3 Cup of Molasses
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter, Softened
- 2 Teaspoons of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 6 Large Eggs, Separated
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Cream of Tartar
- Sweetened Whipped Cream
- Crushed Gingersnaps
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Whisk together milk, sugar, flour, and salt until smooth. Boil over a medium heat while constantly whisking.
3) Pour into a large bowl and add molasses, butter, pumpkin pie spice, ginger, and vanilla. Whisk.
4) Let cool for 15 minutes.
5) Whisk in egg yolks.
6) Butter and sprinkle sugar on 10 ramekins (7 oz. little soufflé bowls).
7) In a separate bowl, quickly whisk egg whites and cream of tartar.
8) Fold 1/3 egg white mix into original milk mix. Repeat twice.
9) Spoon completed batter into ramekins. Leave ¾ inches of space on top of each.
10) Bake for 25 minutes or until puffy and set.
11) Serve immediately with whipped cream and gingersnaps.
Note: If you have one soufflé dish (2½ quart) instead of the smaller ramekins, bake for 55 to 60 minutes.
We want to thank Jackie Mills with Southern Living for this amazing recipe. Enjoy the holidays with your family, and happy black Friday!