Healthy.net just posted a new article providing some tips on staying healthy this spring. If you utilize these ten tips then you should have no problem staying healthy and having an amazing spring this year!
1) Feel the New Energy of Spring: New beginnings and creativity are the words of spring, so take a look at your life and what you no longer need in it. This is the season to plan for the new you and the New Year.
2) Commit to Cleansing your Life and your Home: Try a detox or juice cleanse and try to limit your alcohol intake. Also, try to do some spring cleaning around the house.
3) Update or Begin an Exercise Program: As you increase the amount you exercise your energy will increase making you happier and less tired to get through the day. Also, it helps to change up your exercise routine every now and then to keep your body guessing.
4) Enjoy Nature’s Bounty: Go to your local farmers market and get yourself some fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables.
5) Spring is the Season of the Liver and Gall Bladder: Try to take care of your liver by cutting down alcohol, avoiding chemicals, and cutting down on the junk food. A good phrase to live by this spring, “A little is good, but watch out for excesses; or if a little is good, a lot is not necessarily better.”
6) Eat Sprouts: Sprouts are one of the highest quality foods that we can eat containing high amounts of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. Some good sprouts are red lentils, mung, and garbanzo beans.
7) Nutritional Supplements: They help by giving you higher energy levels and to help supplement your diet making sure you get all the nutrients you need.
8) Herbs: Herbs like senna leaf, cascara sagrada and slippery elm bark, help to detox your body. Herbs like peppermint, rosemary, lavender and rose petals are good to but in an herbal steam bath.
[embedplusvideo height="492" width="620" standard="http://www.youtube.com/v/whLdzy-2rzI?fs=1" vars="ytid=whLdzy-2rzI&width=620&height=492&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=0&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=¬es=" id="ep9270" /]
9) Clarify your Plans: Think about a few things. Where and how are you now? Where do you wish to be in a couple of months? What will it take for you to move in that direction?
10) Experience Nature: Go outside and play. Go for a walk or a hike. Get yourself outside and enjoy nature and breath, take in all the scents of spring.
Most of all, just relax this spring! Hopefully these tips will help you do that. Go read more in depth about these 10 healthy tips for staying healthy this spring.